The BA New Year sale is not a bad promotion, with some good savings across the board – both on standalone flights (in all classes) and on holidays (which BA defines as a bundle of flights and hotel, car hire or both).
The sale runs through until 2nd February 2016, with trips needing to be taken by a variety of dates later in 2016 (the Ts & Cs are quite complex and vary by offering and destination). BA don’t like to make this stuff easy!
However, news has reached me that BA is now offering an additional £35, £50 or £100 off holidays in the sale, depending on the cost of the trip.
Here are the Ts&Cs for this specific part of the promotion:
- Minimum spend applies.
- The additional savings are £25, £50 and £100 and apply to new holiday bookings only where a minimum spend is met, and only those holidays under the current sale on ba.com/sale.
- To take advantage of the saving offer, holidays must be booked between 00.05 GMT 7 January and 23:59 GMT 12 January 2016.
- The savings are per booking, including return British Airways flights. Holiday bookings mean flight + hotel and flight + car bookings – cars or hotels added to flights after a flight has been selected or booked will not be eligible. Flight + hotel and flight + car bookings of total cost of £2500 per booking can save £100 per booking.
- Flight + hotel and flight + car bookings of total cost of £1250 per booking can save £50 per booking. Flight + car bookings of total cost of £600 per booking save £25 per booking.
- Availability of holiday packages under the sale may be extremely limited, particularly during peak periods.
- The following hotels are excluded from the offer: Blu St Lucia, Sandals in Barbados, Atlantis Paradise Island in the Bahamas, Coin de Mire in Mauritius and the Holiday Inn Express Sandton + Woodmead in Johannesburg.
- Prices are based on debit card payment; a charge applies for other cards.
- Featured holidays are available on ba.com.
- Bookings made over the telephone will carry a £5 booking fee per person.
- Prices are correct as at 19 December 2015 but may vary and are liable to change at any time.
- Places are limited so go to ba.com to confirm current prices and availability.
- Offer ends midnight Tuesday 12 Jan 2016.
- The holidays featured are ATOL protected under the British Airways Holidays number ATOL5985.
- British Airways Holidays standard terms and conditions and conditions of carriage apply.
- For full terms and conditions please refer to www.ba.com.
Whilst the extra saving isn’t earth-shaking (approximately 4%), it might just been the difference between you finding a better resort or destination for your budget.
Remember that when booking via ba.com, you will earn Avios on all your flights, and will earn additional Avios if purchasing using a BA Amex card.
Book by midnight 12 January 2016.