QHotels has never quite made it onto my list of my ‘go-to’ hotel brands, primarily as its coverage of the UK was somewhat sparse, and where hotels were available close to my desired destination, they tend to be a little way out of town. That said, they tend to be attractive premises in the main, with good levels of customer service, and competitive pricing. As time goes on, they appear to be increasingly focusing on the leisure and spa market, and I think that their quality and appeal has strengthened as a result – indeed, QHotels was recognised with The AA’s Hotel Group of the Year award for 2014-15.
Over the past few years, QHotels has steadily been adding to its portfolio, and has just announced that it is taking on six former De Vere hotels and luxury lodges. Aimed at strengthening their nationwide presence, the new hotels complement QHotels high quality approach with premium golf, spa and leisure facilities. This is the list of new locations:
- Belton Woods, Grantham – Located near the quaint market town of Grantham, Belton Woods is an ideal choice for those looking for a more active getaway.
- Cameron House, Loch Lomond – The world-renowned bonnie banks of Loch Lomond conjure images of a majestic world of heather-dappled glens and roaring open fires.
- Dunston Hall, Norwich – With its remarkable Elizabethan architecture and its stunning interior design, Dunston Hall is a truly stunning location for a relaxing retreat.
- Oulton Hall, Leeds – Escape to the magnificent setting of Yorkshire with Oulton Hall, Leeds. The breathtaking scenery is sure to make your stay unforgettable.
- Mottram Hall, Cheshire – Standing proudly in the heart of the Cheshire countryside, Mottram Hall is surrounded by stunning parkland and an ornamental lake.
- Slaley Hall, Northumberland – Nestled in 1,000 acres of majestic countryside, Slaley Hall is ideal for a relaxing stay.
QHotels also has a loyalty program for business travellers, known as ThankQ Rewards. 2 points are earned for every £1 spent on the total bill, and the points can then be used for food, drink, spa treatments and stays with QHotels.
If you haven’t tried a QHotel yet, perhaps you should give them a go on your next trip?