IHG’s autumn promotion, Into The Nights, was launched back in September. Offering bonus Rewards Club points for completing certain targeted goals (three different brands, 7 nights, two Saturdays etc.), the promotion’s name came from the option of collecting free nights at almost any IHG property if a number of the goals were completed.
Here are the key details that were published at the time:
- Current IHG Rewards Club members and new members can register for the “Into the Nights” hotel rewards promotion at www.ihg.com/freenights
- Members will receive custom offers to earn bonus points or bonus miles such as: stay more and earn more or stay on the weekend
- Stay period begins Sept. 4 and ends Dec. 31; members can stay to start earning
- Members can track their offers and rewards via a customized Rewards Tracker at www.ihg.com/freenights
- The terms and conditions for the promotion are available at intothenights.ihg.com/amer/us/en/terms/index
Well, we’re now into the final month of the promotion, so time is of the essence if you want to complete your goals in time to collect the free nights.
I had a tough set of requirements given that I’ve had a quiet few months of business travel. I needed to complete 4 of these 5 to gain the free nights:
- Stay 7 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide (13,800 points)
- Stay at 3 brands (16,800 points)
- Take our survey (100 points)
- Stay 2 Saturdays at any of our IHG hotel brands (7,200 points)
- Stay at 3 Holiday Inn hotel(s) (8,400 points)
Right now, I’ve completed the first three targets (including a mattress run at a local Holiday Inn Express), but still need to complete one of the final two goals. I’ve already stayed at one Holiday Inn, so that is probably the easiest one to complete. If I manage that, the choice will be to accept either 16,000 bonus points or 2 free nights. Given that the nights can be used at the top IHG properties worth up to 50,000 per night, it would make no sense to take the points! The free nights must be claimed by the end of January 2015, and used by the end of the year.
My wife had a much easier task – just complete two stays to earn the free nights, and even better, two further stays would earn two more. Needless to say, we’ll be pushing to get those completed as well!
So where are you with Into The Nights? Will you make your target?